Saturday, June 26, 2010

One year anniversary June 25, 2010

Dear Beauty,
It has been a year now that you have been gone. I went up to see the herd yesterday and they were all fine. Scout and Cali have grown into beautiful mares. Both are extremely friendly. That is hard to realize with Scout because she was the most distrustful of humans when she first came to us. Cali, of course, has always loved people. Gigondas now lets me touch her all over without pulling away. I think that is because sometimes I just go up to her and cry on her! She lets me do this now. I think she realizes that I need to let it all out! Quad is settling in. He still isn't sure about me and keeps a wary eye out. Yesterday I sprayed him with fly spray and he didn't bat an eye! Sunni is next to Quad now and actually stood and let me spray him (first time!) Then he came up to me and rested his head on my shoulder.
We ALL miss you! Rest in peace, beautiful one.
Love,
MOM

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been on any blog, even mine, for quite some time. I have a 'Blogs' folder in my Firefox booksmarks and a while ago decided to scroll through them and there was your two horse blogs. Our animal family members mean so much to us and we never, ever forget them. I understand your loss; I had cats and miss them every day. This is a lovely memorial blog to Beauty. Take care.

    ReplyDelete